CommuterKat
Vermonticus Outdoorsus

Bikes: Specialized Rockhopper circa 1993

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First night commute

I just got home from my first night commute. Thankfully there was a clear sky and a really bright moon tonight. I was amazed at how relatively easy it was. My light definitely could have been a little brighter though. About half of the cars that were coming towards me dimmed their high-beams, which was nice, but the other half need to learn a thing or two about manners towards bikers. One thing that amazed me, was that most of the cars that passed me from behind seemed to be more nervous of me than I was of them. They all gave me a wide berth, and never passed when there was an oncoming car at the same time.

One slightly nerve-wracking thing that happened though was a deer jumping across the road in front of me! I have seen many of them in my car, but on a bike, it seems like a completely different creature!! Scared me silly!!!

I think I was a little tense during my ride, because when I got home, I was a little more tired than usual, but other than that, I think I am game for night-time riding now!