View Single Post
Old 01-12-08, 05:32 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Can see a Bloody Future- again.

I am disappointed. My Son-in-law wants to get back to riding to get fit. He is 30 and up till about 5 years ago was a regular Mountain Biker and he was the one to chase everywhere. Still had to put him in his place occasionally but he could ride a bike.

Recently he has been talking about getting back into riding and he is out with me and a couple of mates for a road ride tomorrow. Will have to set up the TCR for him as the larger of the two bikes but it is only a taster to get him back again. The mates by the way are a couple of his mates- Farmers that are fit and I did not realise rode bikes. So tomorrow it is a gentle ride for 10 miles to the seafront for a coffee and bun and see how he feels. I reckon that with the trip back- 20 miles for a first trip out for a while will be enough. Unless he starts bragging about how good he feels- then I have a route back planned that takes in a couple of killer hills.

Problem is- he has just gone out and bought a New Mountain Bike. I was beginning to think that I would be able to relax a bit from getting my back jolted about and the scars from falling off on rocky descents have just about gone now. He has now gone and bought himself a Full suspension Giant and it makes my spending on bikes and accessories this year look a bit lame. Admittedly I got him a good deal through my LBS- but I am going to have a word with the mechanic. Get him to doctor the bottom bracket to tighten it up a bit- or a lot if possible- and get the wheels running oval.

So will have to put the first aid kit back on the Bianchi as I can see a lot of blood being spilt in the near future. Hopefully the son-in-laws when that Full suspension thing throws him into the trees.

Spike Milligan