Old 01-13-08, 12:21 AM
hellbetty

Bikes: Electra Hellbetty Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New tandem riders

My wife and I wanted to get a bicycle built for two a few years ago, but we knew nothing about it. The interest kinda waned as we got busier with work and other things. Recently, I decided to buy a bike for myself to get some exercise. I researched on and off for a couple months and decided on a hybrid.

This morning, I decided it was time to pull the trigger and get the Trek 7100. My wife and I went to the shop to pick it up. As we were walking in the door, there it was...a shiny red Electra tandem. It looked like a lot of fun, but we weren't serious about it. Then we decided to take a test ride just for grins.

Well, the Trek stayed on the rack at the shop and the Electra came home with us. We rode it 2-3 miles this afternoon. Even though our legs are sore, we had a blast. Our neighborhood is hilly and probably not the best terrain for someone in my sorry shape...I basically haven't exercised in a couple years. Hopefully we'll get in better shape as we ride it over time so we can enjoy it even more.

Got it for a really great price, which further influenced our decision. All we need is a headlight and taillight so we can cruise around after sundown! I look forward to learning from this forum.