Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Odd dilema

....I suck...seriously. MY riding has gone all downhill. Since my roast has been dismantled I don't ride trails. I don't climb and I just...suck at it. I was never a good climber but now I have no power, endurance or otherwise. Ironically...(not unreasonable) I get to the top...way behind everyone. They are waiting for me...and boom I fly down the trail...no brakes and railing corners...I get down...drink my water and wait. I want my HT back for trails as I could do more on it than just my bighit. So...imagine having a kona roast, I want a reasonably light (holy crap...I am thinking of weight) strong xc bike. No jumps or drops just climbing and descending. So what would you put on it (keep in mind I am 6'5 and 270 I still need strong parts)

Conditions:
Fork - must be 20 mm and no fox allowed (I will try rock shox)
No carbon fibre. Can't take it, don't trust it and I plan to buy used for the most part
Cranks are probably pre chosen as I have a spare set.

Ok What would build/add to it. I have rough terrain even on the xc side of things but still want a lightish wheel, maybe a 2.1 sinlgle ply. Has to be able to handle several different types of terrain due to the varrying terrains here, versatile instead of specific. Looking for options I might overlook as I don't know squat about xc stuff

Cheers for