Old 01-15-08, 05:26 PM
hellbetty

Bikes: Electra Hellbetty Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leisesturm,

Thanks for the cycle computer recommendation...will check it out tonight.

I see your point on the 3-speed and the Electra being an entry-level cruiser. However, that's exactly our stage as beginners. I've already noticed a few things that, if I had my druthers, I'd change...such as a couple taller gears. But, it is what it is and I assure you we're having a great time and getting some much-needed exercise even if we're only moving at 12 mph! It's very well-made, has comfortable seats, and everything is as it should be. Less importantly, passersby love the bike and want to know about it. It's really cool!

We paid nowhere near the $1200 that your research yielded. If that had been the price, we'd have summarily passed on it...not because it's not worth that much to some people, but because we wouldn't have been willing to throw that much on ANY bike, no matter the value others might find in it, at this stage. We gave $549+tax for the brand-new, assembled bike, delivered to our front door 10 miles from the shop. It's a 2007 model year, and I suspect the shop wanted to clear it out quickly. Glad they did!

TandemGeek -

Yes, you're correct. I recognized that we wouldn't be winning any races with it, but that's not our motivation anyway. It's exercise, being outside, and enjoying each other's company. Thanks for the good wishes!

Last edited by hellbetty; 01-15-08 at 05:37 PM.