Old 01-15-08, 08:39 PM
nekohime
I... Don't care.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
I know I'd have to re-gear mine if I were going to ride it very far. I'm in top gear and looking for a couple more after about 20 yards. Maybe the Mocha is just under-geared, however, given that change, I could ride my Folder for several miles. Or at least a lap around Back Bay!

Wouldn't be my choice for a double-century, but I know Bike Fridays have done it!

Oh, and Happytime's ride started in Malibu and was in the Santa Monica Mountains, not in Santa Monica (the city). Just FYI. It was a fun ride!

Rick / OCRR
I have the same problem with my Kent--horribly under-geared. I like it going up the hills of Westwood, but going down I don't even bother pedaling. If I switch to a 52t chainring, I think that'll solve everything, but I'm too poor and lazy to do that right now.

So, back to dates for the charity folder ride...I'm thinking Saturday, March 8 for it, or if that date isn't good for you guys, one Saturday in April. Last few weeks of March is a no no since I'll be in China. Is that enough time for us to round up as many folder-riders as possible?