Thread: XC fork
View Single Post
Old 01-18-08, 09:23 AM
Rutnick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've got that fork. I love it. Being a milder clyde at 205 at times, I've always had a hard time finding the right fork. Manitou XC air forks seem to be made for people no heavier than 170 lbs, Marzocchi forks seemed to work fine but heavier. I've got two of those fox forks, One in 80mm and one in 100mm. I can't comment on the reba but aftermarket repair seems better for the Fox. Push Industries does a hell of a job repairing fox forks and fox shocks. They also do custom work on them.

I have heard plenty of good things about the Reba but right now...I really like the Fox. Questions I would have about the Reba are:

Did it handle your weight fine?
Did you have any issues with it?
How did you like it?

I'm fairly certain the Fox fork will handle your body weight. Will that be 290lbs with gear?

Originally Posted by scelia
I have purchased a new frame and the geometry calls for an 80mm fork. I currently have a Rock Shox REBA Race Dual-Air, 100mm. I know that I could install the extra spacer and reduce the travel to 85mm. But, my son is building a bike on my old GT frame and needs a fork too. I would like to give him the REBA and install a new fork on my Gunnar Rock Hound (I got it used). I am hoping to leverage the collective experience here to see if a FOX F80RLC is worth the $$? Would I be better off with another REBA? Would an older TALAS RLC that is adjustable in 3mm increments is worthwhile? What other fork options should I consider?

I intend to ride XC with small jumps. I also ride some urban. I am a clyde (290lbs) and want something that will stand up to my use and last.