syn0n
livin' the nightmare

Bikes: '81 Centurion SS coversion, other ****

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iltb-2
Yep, you KNOW all about what happened in London just like you KNOW what I (or anybody else) "can't stand", and you KNOW that I think (or have written) that cyclists are "infallible gods" or should not be held accountable for their actions. Yep, you KNOW all about that "double standard" gibberish you assign to me because you are like the handful of other dimwits who choose to IGNORE (some even brag about their IGNORance) what I wrote and instead write about what you KNOW I think.
Having read a bunch of your posts, I have a fairly good idea about what your general attitudes towards things are. And I "know" that this irritates you; the very way in which you're responding, basically saying that the media are lying because it's a cyclist vs. world situation, just as is every day on the bike. Your posts reek of hyperbole, and I've therefore made some conclusions about your position, based on what you've written! Do I concretely "know" anything? I guess not. You don't know anything either, however, so I don't see why you're criticizing me for doing the same thing you are: posting opinion and theory.

As far as responding to you goes, you say some things that I think are pretty rediculous. You seem paranoid, because you insist that it is never the fault of the cyclist, even when they're breaking the law. When this is mentioned, you say that everyone else is lying about the cyclist breaking the law, and the entire series of events that followed. Why? Because society absolutely hates cyclists, and will crush them given any opportunity to do so.

There really is no "groupthink" here in A&S. If I wanted to "suppress your voice", I'd put you on ignore. But I won't do that, because I participate in this forum to get multiple viewpoints. That doesn't mean all are equal, however, and if I'm not obligated to believe what I think is insane. Like some of the things you say, for example.

Originally Posted by iltb-2
What's next, going to react to what you KNOW all about cyclists as reported by Radio Shock Jocks and Letters to the Editor of the local Supermarket handout; or maybe the doings of Brittany or Lindsey as reported by the British Tabs?
Again, like I said, I have spent time in London, and given that experience, I think it is highly probable that a cyclist, in fact, jumped a red and almost hit a pedestrian. I saw a few similar occurances during my few weeks there last summer. While in general, I would think hitting someone for jumping a red light is rediculous, this is an old woman who hit the guy with her purse. Seriously, I doubt it was a savage beating, or even enough to threaten stability. And as I've said, an elderly person getting hit by a cyclist could easily be fatal or cause serious injury. Why? So one cyclist could save a few seconds. It's the same thing I hear cyclists complaing about in regards to motorists, and it's obviously a valid complaint. However, it's a two way street, and cyclists should not be jumping lights and endangering pedestrians.

You still haven't addressed any of that. You're just getting technical because you have nothing to say in regard to the actual subject at hand. Please contribute to the thread in your next post!