Old 01-21-08, 06:37 PM
Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The only other advice i can give you is to listen to your body. If it says it is cold put on more clothes and/or raise the thermostat. I've done this in the past to ward off the chills and obviously it is nothing new. People have been doing this for hundreds of years. But still for me it was easily overlooked, i kept thinking "i don't normally need an extra shirt around the house, but had to eventually learn...screw "normal" do what your body says.

On top of that, don't let yourself chill, get ahead of it and start dressing warmer inside. I even use this principal when dressing to ride in the mornings. I never let myself get cold from the moment i get out of bed. I make sure the house is nice and warm via the programmable thermostat etc. Then when dressing for the ride, i put everything on inside the house even though some of it is stored out in the unairconditioned garage.

I make sure I am nice and toasty and then head out into the cold. I also dress a little too warm so I can remove stuff if i have to. I much prefer this to starting off cold like some advise.