krazyderek
Ca-na-da?

Bikes: none at the moment

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lower range HR

I come from a high intensity sport backround of 15minute runs, and 5 minute sprint canoe racing. There was the ocasional 45 minute endurance steady workout or run,but for the most part we focused on ball busting intervals year round.

Cycling for 5 years now, racing the past 2 and i'm really getting into specific trainning this year. According to all the charts in every book, my HR should be 130, when i'm putting out 160watts (lower LV2 rides) but it's more like 140.

I find alot of this, where my HR is higher then it should be for the level of work, but i feel fine. My HR starts to line up with the statistics when i start getting into threshold and over work (LV4 +).

I've been able to maintain higher then normal HR while climbing and on hard rides(180 for 10-20 minutes, theshold is 170, and max HR is 196), but this has started to fade of the past year a bit.

Would i be correct in saying that my body preffers carbohydrates over fat as a fuel, hence the higher HR at lower intensities, cause it's burning more carbs then it should be due to my past athletic experiences?

I've been trainning alot in the lower Lv2, and Lv1 to try and build my aerobic capacity and teach my body to use fat as a fuel a bit more, but of course it's a slow process and i just wanted to see if anyone else had encountered this problem, or had general feedback.

Derek.