Old 01-23-08, 10:26 AM
BruceMetras

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TomRider
Hi all,

This is my first post in this great forum - I'm new to the concept of folding bikes and it looks like it may solve my commuting difficulties with going on and off trains and buses. I have been reading a lot of the threads here and got a general picture of the variety and availability, but still I am a complete newbie to this and wanted to hear some advice about choosing a model.

Basically I am looking for a folding bike for about 4 to 6 very short travels between public transport almost every day. I myself am not very tall, 5 7 and 140 lbs, so the requirements of any of the microfolding bikes are not narrowing the selection for me. This is the type of bike I had in mind because I would prefer a light bike with a quick and tiny folding to carry along with me during the day over a high performance, all-purpose bike. Hopefully the compromise of staying with a single gear and smaller wheels will be compensated by getting a very lightweight, compact and easy to carry bike.

The models found so far are Ezybike, 17bicycle, Louis Garneau, MicroBike, ZeroBike and HandyBike. There are of course Strida, CarryMe and Mobiky as well, but considering the short runs I'm expected to take I don't feel it's worth the double price. But please correct me if I'm wrong...

I would be grateful to get some advice based on your experience with some of these models (and other options as well) and recommendations.

Thanks!

Don't overlook one of the lightest, simplest and efficient forms of transport..