stay free.

Bikes: EAI Bare Knuckle, 1980's Ross Signature 292s 12 speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken Cox
I hear you.

However, at a certain point in reviewing the project in my head, I realized I had all black components, except for the crank, chain ring and chain.

Since I intend a Dove Grey frame, that would give me a black, grey and silver theme.

Not bad.

Then I ran across some black Sugino 75 cranks and Sugino's black Messenger chain ring, and thought how nice that looked.

It would cost me $50 extra for powdercoating the crank and ring; and, I could pick either the frame color or black, like the rest of the components.

Alternatively, the powder coating folks say they can glass bead, or frost, the remaining silver components (they could make them come out silver frost or grey frost), which would look nice, too.

But before I go for what looks nice, I need to make sure it will work when done.

I like the idea of masking off the teeth: that would solve that issue.

All of these components will get moved on to the new frame, in about two years, so I have to consider that, too.
I guess it all depends on how set you are on riding a color matched bike. I personally wouldnt worry about it, but there are other people who would freak out. If you are expecting a new frame in 2 years, I would save the cash it would cost you to powdercoat the parts and get your new frame a couple months early...