Old 04-04-02, 07:42 AM
mbologna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie having knee pain

Hi all:

Just started riding regularly a couple weeks ago, after years of running. I'm riding about 80-100 miles per week right now, and have been having some pain in my right knee, just outside the kneecap (IT Band? I think), and just above it as well. At first, I thought it was my form or lack thereof, then maybe my setup on the bike. (I bought the bike 3 weeks ago, and am still working with the LBS to tweak the fit.)

Yesterday, I realized that it is much easier to release my left shoe from the pedals than the right one. Could this be the cause of the pain? I'm riding Look pedals (don't know the model, but they are blue and do not have the 'dial adjustment' on them). I'm using Sidi Genius shoes and the red cleats. Is there a way I can make an adjustment to the right one? If so, do I adjust something on the pedal or move the cleat? Could this help?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated! I really like my new sport (I'm originally a marathon runner), but struggling a little with all this new stuff!

Thanks!

mbologna
Houston, TX