View Single Post
Old 01-25-08, 07:23 AM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by serac
That's a lot different than semi-urban riding across Bellevue with cars pulling into/out of parking lots every 50 feet. Lots of fun stuff happens around the traffic lights too.
I didn't really think about it that way. I guess there are a lot more things to watch out for on my weekend rides that put me up Main and past Bellevue Square Mall. Especially near the mall, since people get the blinders on when it comes to going shopping.

Originally Posted by serac
It's been nearly 20 years since I've ridden 202. It used to be a very pleasant country road. Ditto for Novelty and Union hills. I used to ride out there and through Carnation as a teenager. Novelty Hill doesn't have a shred of its identity left but the road still looks sane.
202 is busy but OK to ride. Union Hill isn't very busy, still has no shoulder or lights, and is an excellent training ride to come up from either the Ames Lake or Avondale side. Novelty Hill needs some work: The road's getting to a poor state of repair and there's no lights except at the 2 big intersections.