Old 09-03-04, 12:42 PM
jbhowat
@ Checkmate Cycling

Bikes: CAAD 8 - Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ft Collins is very biker friendly. There are some paths, but I have no problem with the streets. Most of the major streets have a dedicated, WIDE bike lane in each direction. The roads that don't I go right down the center of the lane. If a car or cars comes up behind me, I move over some, still keeping myself safe from doors and/or cars backing out. The cars understand and go around, leaving plenty of room. Supposedly Ft Collins in one of the most biker-friendly cities in the US. The thing that really freakin annoys me is when cyclists use the WRONG bike lane. Two days ago I was coming back from Old Town, riding in the right-hand bike lane, probably going about 20-25. Out of nowhere these two morons (guy and girl) turn left into my bike lane and start heading towards me - SIDE BY SIDE!!!! WTF? I guess they were two lazy to wait for the light to cross to the other bike lane? The kicker is that they didn't slow down, or even get in a single file as they approached me. I literally had to stop and slide over right next to some parked cars to avoid getting run down by two morons on some ******** cruisers. AHHHH! I feel better now.