Old 01-26-08, 01:53 PM
n_r_child

Bikes: Salsa Las Cruces, Novara Strada '05, Redline Monocog 29er, Trek 930, Peugeot Iseran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffS
That's a good point about axle spacing.

The inter-8 would not fit unless you wanted to spread the dropouts. The inter-7 might fit since it's axle width does match with one of the inter-3 hubs. The 3 comes in three different sizes though. They're all fairly close, but it would be nice if they matched exactly.

There's no provision for brakes so whatever you went with would have to have a roller brake. I do REALLY wish the amsterdam had a front brake. I'm quite clumsy with the coaster brake after riding almost three decades with only hand brakes.

I would strongly prefer a classic 3-speed over the amsterdam, i just couldn't find a decent one in my size.

On the electrabike.com website, they list two styles of Amsterdam- classic (skirt guard, lights) and sport (more of a naked bike); each is available in two colors, and all are listed as 3 speed models. Do you mean you would prefer the sport style?

I hadn't realized they only had coaster brakes. That in and of itself might be enough for me to reconsider.

With regard to axle spacing, that is a great point! I guess it is time to do some research on axle spacing, pricing and gearing. Thanks again!