Old 01-27-08, 05:49 PM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Artkansas
That's got to be a change of diet as well as exercise. Where have you gone with what you eat?
Yes, it is. I've changed my eating habits as well. Beginning about 4 years ago, I loosely follow an exchange diet for hypoglycemia consisting of 3 meals + snacks. I choose healthy, low sugar/refined/processed/junk foods, whole grain breads, fruits and vegies, chicken and fish, very little red meat. I pay a lot of attention to serving sizes. What also helps and keeps me in check is a history of acid reflux.... the Nexium ad line "It's different for people with acid reflux" couldn't be truer. I can't tolerate fatty/creamy sauces and the like, so I just don't eat them (fortunately, I don't really like them anyway). No soda, and cookies/candy only on occasion, etc. Smaller portions, etc. I never have a dip in energy unless I've eaten white rice/pasta or pizza which is rare, so my energy stays up all the time. Also, I sleep all through the night now, something I wasn't doing 4 years ago.

As long as I watch my portion sizes, choose healthy foods, and do some sort of exercise almost every day, I can lose weight fairly easily and maintain it without almost any effort. But if I swing back to my old habits (totally sedentary, eat what I want), it's all downhill from there......