Old 01-29-08, 12:27 PM
vincentpaul
Artful Dodger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
The more people who steal (yes, you're stealing) the tyvek, padded and corrugated mailers ....increasing the costs for those of us who use them for the intended purposes. Eventually, DHL and FedEx will stop leaving them out and start charging everyone for them....spring the $3.00 for a box of friggin' trash bags if you need to waterproof your stuff.
First, while they might not want me to sell custom furniture crafted from their boxes, (http://www.newstarget.com/011583.html) I really doubt that UPS, DHL or FedEx objects to my taking an object plastered with their corporate logo and dragging it all over town in plain view of everybody I pass. But, yes, if DHL/UPS/FedEx thinks the distribution to usage ratio is not to their advantage, despite the advertising value of the packages themselves, they'll tighten distribution of them. I doubt that that's going to happen. YMMV. Second, and more importantly, in our mail room we collect used bags for reuse because Tyvek, while made from a small amount of post-consumer content, is 100% non-recyclable in our local waste management stream. The only way to recycle it is to send it back to DuPont. Guess what? Few mailers or recipients bother to do this. Repurposing these waste products is about as positive a moral act as you can find, at least for those of us who believe in stewardship of the environment.