Old 09-04-04, 11:46 PM
seely
The Rabbi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DannyOKC
You should make it clear who you're responding to. Being that I posted the original question, it would seem you're responding to me. I hope not because if so you're post is a bit out of line. You speak of my high expectations. The truth is, I EXPECT salesmen to lie to me. That's their job. And I didn't blame anyone. And you haven't the slightest idea how much I talked to the guy. And "maybe it's you"? Maybe WHAT is me?

-DannyOKC

I think the problem is you honestly sound very paranoid... if you are expecting them to lie then you automatically aren't going to trust anything they say. Its NOT our job to lie. I REALLY resent that remark actually and am pretty offended that anyone would say that. Its my job to put the customer on the right bike and to make sure they are satisfied and feel like they were treated well. I think the "maybe its you" comment was in reference to the attitude that comes through in your posts. Knowing the internet doesn't always convery true personalities though I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

For what its worth, $300 is the price I always quote as the base for a decent bike.

Raleighs are decent bikes.

90% of the people that walk in the door think they MUST have suspension.

For what you said you wanted, and the mileage and terrain, he recommended you to exactly what I would have shown you. I would also have shown you the Sirrus and higher end Cypress models, but I think you are being really unfair to this shop, and have a really narrow view of salesmen in general that is going to color you whole buying experience no matter where you go.