View Single Post
Old 01-30-08, 09:03 AM
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bicure
SammyBoy has said it best, although I know there will always be a minority of buyers who'll accuse cautious sellers of "feedback extortion."

I feel that (ideally), the feedback system should ALWAYS have been constructed this way.

But I know many wonderful sellers who have been deliberately targetted for harassment & negative feedback by individuals with multiple shill accounts (one famous shill maintains over ONE HUNDRED accounts!) designed SOLELY for this purpose.

They harass a seller, never pay, leave a negative.

The seller blocks them as bidders, but they just attack under a new ID.

Again & again.

eBay once had auction options that protected sellers from these disturbed individuals, but these have been gone for some time.

And with this new (theoretically good) feedback policy, sellers are even more vulnerable to these psycho-buyers.

While targetted sellers can often get such feedback removed, the time & energy lost - and the damage done - is profound.

Stacey, if you'd experienced this, you'd understand why your "feedback extortion" stance is an incomplete view.

Again... You have jerks in all aspects of life. If one is targeted by such a buyer, then get a new username yourself to sell under if you must.

Here is our feedback. Look at it closely, tell me just how badly we've been hammered by jerk buyers. We left feedback the same day the item was shipped, and shipped the day after receiving payment.

99% of the time customer attitude is directly related to that of the seller.

You, nor anyone else will convince me otherwise

We had some deals go all to hell, in many different ways. It's all in the manner of how you deal with the problem and work towards an amicable solution. If you piss people off, be prepared for repercussions