View Single Post
Old 02-01-08, 02:43 PM
sj_roadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been a baby about the weather so I haven't posted here much lately, but I finally grew a pair and rode into work today after a rather long haitus (about two months). Got all my winter riding gear on, new jacket from x-mas, nice warm pants.. get about two miles from work and notice my rear tire is flat. No problem, I think, I've got two sets of tire irons, a million patches, a multi-tool, and a spare..... (DOH! No spare tube!)

Ok, no problem, I'll just use the patches.. Let me just pump up the tire a little bit so I can figure out where the leak is coming from... pump pump, pull the pump off and DOH! There goes the valve stem!!!

Had to call my co-worker to pick me up.. In the year and a half that I've been riding, that's my second call of shame. First one was really not my fault, the freewheel cassette on my bike my superman legs somehow stripped the threading..
Anyhow, that also happens to be the first flat I've gotten on my commute and I'm pretty sure the first time I've ever attempted my commute without a spare tube...