Old 02-03-08, 04:30 PM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Godwin
Agreed, it is a big part and I know how stupid that is although if it were all image I wouldn't be toting a Carradice. I also feel slicing and dicing my good set of wheels would be tragic (sorry for the choice of words). I might do it with my older set at some point but I want to see if it can be done without doing that first. I also know how the littlest thing like knowing there is a slight added drag can make my mind feel like quitting (if that makes any sense).

Lighting seems to be a hot topic right now, there is a heated discussion going on in the electronics forums right now.

to each his own...

but you don't need to slice and dice. mail your good wheels ahead. build a new front wheel for the dyno.
added drag? add or remove a water bottle? use aerobars? don't get a good nights sleep? ride on the tops and not the drops? lose 5 pounds? run at too high or too low PSI? run into something in the night and lose your wheels... etc.

jan heine did pbp in 50 hours this year, with fenders, a handlebar bag, a dyno, and he was on an old steel frame.

seriously though - write up a full review of your tests. post some beam shots. share how it works.

check the latest issue of BQ... riders who used battery lights for PBP were 3 times more likely to switch to generator lights if they could do it again...

and PBP is 1200k. you are planning 3000 miles.