View Single Post
Old 02-06-08, 06:30 PM
Zero_Enigma

Bikes: MTB Peugoet Canyon (forgot the model), Nikishi? roadbike, MTB custom build,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Almost ran into a ninja a day ago.

Ok, so it was the night before the snow storm was to roll into town and my small ~1ft wide shovel broke a while ago (loved that shovel ) so I went out to get a small shovel to make digging out the end of the driveway when the street cleaners come by and dump the compacted wet snow I can shovel that off with ease with smaller quick strokes without any back strain like lifting the wide shovel.

So as I'm to the local Canadian Tire store I was driving up a hill and this ninja was on the road. Dark color bike (gray or black I think) with no rear reflectors and no front reflectors from what I could see. I've seen this rider before on a clear cold day during daylight hours. This guy was riding with thin dark clothing, a toque, I think with back riding tights, back bag, and not that it really matters much but the rider was black which made him blend well into the background. Now the rider was in a semi lit area which was dark so it did nto help much but he was about 50 meters before he reached the MUP lanes.

Guys lucky not to get into any accidents. It was well sun down then around 20:00 ET. Seeing as I've seen the rider on the road before I'm assuming he's a road rider. If I ever see that guy again I'm going to have a talk with them about night time safety and reflectors/lights.