Old 02-07-08, 08:58 AM
piper_chuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flip18436572
jaxgtr and piper chuck,

Are your Jamis dealers only carring the cruiser/comfort bikes, and they won't get in any of the other bikes???? My Jamis dealer, who is an hour away from me as I live in a small town in rural Iowa, has everything on the show room floor that he can get, except for the high dollar Jamis bikes, but can have those in less than 3 days in most cases. He does not have the biggest building in the world, so he has a few of everything in the show room and then has the boxed up bikes in the basement for different sizes that are needed.

Does your Jamis dealer carry more than one brand, or are they setup just for the cruiser/comfort people???
The nearest Jamis dealer for me is 90 miles away, so I have never been there. I did a huge amount of searches and research here and other places online to see what people said about different bikes. I used my current and past riding experience to know what geometry I needed for a good fit. Armed with this information, I then took a giant leap of faith that I would like the bike I bought online.

If I didn't already have a good idea of what I needed for sizing and fit, couldn't find reliable information about the specific bike, or wanted/needed support from a local shop for tuning then I would have bought locally.