View Single Post
Old 09-08-04, 05:26 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
I guess both my road bikes are vintage then, even though I've been riding them both continuously all the years without ever realizing they've gotten old.

81 Davidson, mix of Campy NR with other parts.
82 Zilioli, all Campy SR pantographed, Nisi Laser rims, Modolo Aero brake levers.

Why do I have two road bikes like this? After having the Davidson custom built for me as my ultimate bike (I think he sold the frame as an "ultimate"), my stepfather brought the Zilioli back from Italy, where he had purchased it in his, and Zilioli's, hometown. But when he got back here, he realized he would never ride it. So he traded it to me for a mountain bike, an early Trek. So I wound up with two essentially custom built bikes. For 20+ years I've been going back and forth between them. I haven't been able to convince my wife that I need a new road bike, even after all these years.

The Zilioli is still all original, or at least I still have the original wheels although I don't ride them anymore. I wish I still had the original Clement Criterium Seta tires. The Davidson I've swapped out parts, although I guess not that much when I think about it.