Old 02-08-08, 11:31 PM
taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Curtis's Day Off (gone fishin honey) report

I think for the future San Rafael Civic Center is a great place to launch a ride from. Free Parking, water and great intersect from East bay, SF and North Bay. I left the apartment right on time and made it up to the start way too fast. I made some last minute phone calls in the lot and looked up and saw Curtis had arrived. The bike looked Sweeeet! Curtis was like a proud daddy. The only other person to show was Sean (Wax) from SF. It's great to see new faces show up on every ride.
We left right about on time. A little bit chilly but the sun was working hard against Mr Fog, and I warmed up as soon as we started to ride. I have to say I felt awsome today. No guilt about taking Friday off. I worked hard this week and deserved it ...we we're goin fishin! Lucas Valley climb was great. It's been repaved and really nice and smooth. Nice cool descent into the dark forest. It was really great to see Curtis giving the new bike a thorough work out. I hadn't been on my Klein in awhile. I hate riding it in the rain its way to peerrty to get a speck of mud on it. So I was getting the kinks out. We emerged out of the trees into nice warm sunlit rolling hills and on to a short climb up to the Cheese Factory for water and a discussion on nutrition bars where I realized that I like girl food (Luna bars) go figure . On towards a winding and real pleasant ride to the Marshall wall. I feel like we yacked so much I hardly noticed we had gone over it. Getting to the top we spotted some beautiful flying wildlife. As it screeched Curtis said I think that's a Kestral....( thought that was a bike). Down the incredibly fast backside descent. A little bit of head wind so I couldn't break my 48.2 speed record for that hill. Curtis really was happy to test his baby at high speed and was smiling at the bottom. Things seem to be going well with the new ride We just whipped down along Tomales bay and it was warming up quite a bit. Got into Pt Reyes Station and we got some fantastic sandwich's and a huge economy bag of chips. We sat and talked to some other riders. Unfortunately the lovely ladies had to leave and we chatted with the guys for awhile. We left and headed down route 1 and climbed up Sir Francis Drake and did a screaming descent down to the Sam P Taylor park entrance. Sean Dropped back a lot. He had completely worn himself out by doing power rides all week long and was feeling a little bonky. Curtis and I spent most of the time yacking like a couple of old hens. We have a lot in common and It was really great to just spew about anything and everything, I don't get that kind of opportunity with my job. By the time we got to the end of the park, we had solved all the worlds problems and discoverd that I'm a Lesbian trapped in a mans body!! Oh and we're not voting for a republican! So on to to the climb back to Nicasio. On the way back down I hit a rock with my front tire at 35 and had a blow out!! Dammit seems like when I ride with Curtis this seems to happen. So like a true gentleman he changed my tire for me while I did my nails and re-applied my make up..I'm a lipstick lesbian BTW . It gave time for Sean to munch down a energy bar to power up for the climb. When we got to the top we sheepishly or guiltly called our respective wives. I felt like we were doing shots of Jack at a strip club all afternoon because we had such a great time! It's the same kind of guilt a guy feels when he has fun with other guys. Golfing, fishing, biking doesn't matter we're guilty!! Well it was a great 72 mile ride and I can't wait to lead another one with all the rest of yiz sometime soon. We need the chicky poos next time though.
Pete

Last edited by taxi777; 02-09-08 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Picts