Old 04-07-02, 07:21 AM
Walter
SLJ 6/8/65-5/2/07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts
Raleigh produced the Technium at several different levels. While they were all bonded frames the quality levels of frame materials and components varied. I'm not positive but I think any Technium would be alot more likely to be 10-15 years old than five. I remember them debuting around 1986-87 or so.

If it has SunTour you'd like to see Cyclone or ideally Superbe on the components. If Shimano the 105 level is a good starting point to buy used, 600 is better. This doesn't mean that bikes without these level components are worthless it just denotes the higher end bikes of their time and, if well maintained, will still ride well today.

SunTour called their index shifting "Accushift" if I recall correctly and Shimano was "SIS" now STI. SunTour is gone but Shimano doesn't supply parts for their older stuff anymore so in either case you're looking at eBay for parts.

If the bike is well maintained, one of the higher line models, is truly cheap and most impotantly fits, go for it; it should be a nice rider.