View Single Post
Old 02-10-08, 09:39 AM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by phinney
It should be technologically possible now to have cars limit their speed to the speed limit of the road they're on automatically. I really don't think it would take much to do this and would be a boon to safety for all travelers. Any thoughts?
Ya know, I wouldn't mind. I don't think that it would be useful anywhere but on freeways & highways (need enough time to get on, establish position, and "log in"; can't really do that with drivers darting on & off the street at every block in the middle of town), but it would really reduce the competitive BS that I see around here.

You won't have people trying to prevent passing (a regular occurrence here, totally opposite of what I witnessed in Germany), you won't have people hauling ass through busy traffic, and -- just as aggravating -- you won't have people holding up faster "85th percentile" traffic by sticking to the speed limit in the passing lane. Heck, you could even increase the speed limit since everyone would be driving more predictably.