View Single Post
Old 02-10-08, 06:47 PM
Smen
O RL'YEH?

Bikes: Lemond alp de huez (I call him Alphonz), and a 2008 Trek 6700 WSD (I call her Lilith).

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Off-Road Touring

So I was informed that after 15 years of riding that I am NOT mountain biking, but rather Off-Road Touring--occording to the bike shop that I currently work in. Taking my bike up in the mountains and riding up to go camping or fishing at a local lake or doing the North Cascades High Way or just going over rockey beaches and back in the hills of Washington and Oregon state, is what I enjoy most about biking. I have always done these trips with a backpack strapped to my back and never for more than a weekend at a time. I would like to do some longer trips, but I realize that if i were to do so that perhaps having a back-pack on wouldn't be as feasable. I am looking for anyone who can help me out with selecting a good rack and panniers that would suit the sort of riding that I like to do. I have used OR and Ortlieb back-packs for years and I like them, so I was looking at ortlieb pans as well. Any suggestions?--I am still kind of a nub when it comes to biking.