View Single Post
Old 02-11-08, 07:57 AM
bbattle

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by operator
Sorry, i'm not sure how much more incorrect you can get here. One has unlimited supply of air, the other does not.

Pretty simple eh?

Carry what you want. Don't come crying back from a ride when you ran out of Co2 carts and had to call somebody to pick you up becuase you were too lazy to carry an airpump and wanted to be a hipster.
This Saturday, I had a flat due to the stem separating from the tube. After I pumped the tire up, I pulled the valve right out of the stem!. Another rider loaned me a tube and we used his CO2 to air the tire up. Worked great and much faster. The group had been waiting but left after the first tube died. After I replace my frame pump with something that won't rip out the valve, I believe I'll get myself a CO2 pump as well. And another tube. If I hadn't been with a group, I would've had to call my SAG vehicle to come pick me up or thumbed a ride. I was a good thirty miles from anyplace that sold bike tubes.

-b "Mr. Fred" battle