Pizza Man
Racing iS my Training

Bikes: 07 Bianchi San Jose, 08 Tarmac SL2, 05 Cervelo P3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HillMut
Anyone stay to watch the p/1/2 race? Looks like some big names where there after looking at the pictures.
I stayed, and watched most of the race from somewhere between 110th and 115th place (they expanded the field to around 115 riders or so). I rode the first couple laps in the back near Freddie Rodriguez, then he took off. I think he won a couple Primes, but at some point early on a group of 8 got off the front and build a pretty good lead.

I was mostly just sitting in, but I took a 1 lap flyer between the breakaway and the peloton (that hurt!), then sat in for a while to recover. I went back to the front of the main pack with 4 laps to go, just as Freddie and a couple other guys were trying to either break away or chase down the lead 8. I was going as hard as I could, just to stay in contact, but they sat up after half a lap and we were swallowed by the pack. The lead 8 were never caught (at least as far as I could tell). I just sat up the last half lap and watched the finish with Mr. Peabody & Sherman in the Way Back Machine.