View Single Post
Old 02-13-08, 03:39 PM
GGDub
Dog is my copilot.

Bikes: Lemond Maillot Jaune, Specialized Stumpjumper, Kona Jake the Snake, Single-Speed Rigid Rocky Mtn Equipe, Soon-to-be fixed Bianchi Brava

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee3

Or maybe Astana needs to be more vocal about their doping program and image. They need to let everyone know that they are a new and cleaner team with an excellent doping program. Come to think of it, they seemed pretty low key unlike CSC, T-Mobile, Slipstream and others touting their programs. Maybe that's the problem. They didn't play the game to show that their image is clean. Maybe that's the team PR's fault for not yelling it from the top's of the mountains?
I guess this is what I was trying to get at. Since they're announcement of adopting the CSC program they've been very low key. If you go to CSC's site, their anti-doping plan is right there to see, with a summary of results. You have to dig a lot deeper on the Astana site just to find a PR saying they're planning on implementing CSC's plan.

Given they, along with Phonak, became the poster child for doping programs, you'd think the new management would've done more to dispel this image right away. Also, its not like US Postal/Discovery has/had a very good image in Europe, so just bringing Bruyneel on board, hardly changes that image.