Old 02-14-08, 04:03 PM
VeloVeg
Savor the journey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cyberpep
Hi Ted, I can't beleive that you would admire my stock T2000 when I see what you are riding! That is a nice bike , I really enjoyed you photo gallery. The rear rack on my bike is the stock rack that came with the bike. Sorry I don't know what make it is, no makings. I was going to put on a Tubus Logo that I owned but this stock rack works fine so I think that I will leave the Tubus on my commuter bike. I was really interested in your handle bar setup. I have been thinking of putting a treking bar on my bike to get more hand positions. I tend to ride farily upright due to shoulder problems, you will notice the riser stem that I am using on the T2000. I just love this bike for touring, even more than my old Trek 520. It is rock solid when loaded with gear and my 225lbs.
Happy touring!
Hi Cyberpep,

Thanks for the kind words about the bike. This is her 25th anniversary year and she still makes for a great rig.

I have to say that the stock T2000 is a great looking bike and the way you have it set up is nice and clean. I like the black on black. Very nice! The stock rear rack looks to be a nice one. Looks like a Bohr Yueh (?sp), but actually heavier duty. I like its looks.

The handlebars on my Expedition are actually Nitto Moustache bars, but I've positioned them differently than the traditional parallel-to-the-ground installation. I have them angled down a few degrees and placed the brake hoods a little higher than usual (so I can ride the hoods when I want). I've found it has worked well for me. My preference isn't for a very upright position so that I can distribute my weight well between my butt and arms/hands. Anyone with back issues would, of course, be more comfortable a little more upright. I would think the trekking bars would be interesting. I've actually just ordered a cheap set to try on one of my bikes, to see if I would like the positions. I think I paid $12 for it. It will probably crumple on the first outting!!

I'm afraid we've totally hijacked this thread. Better stop now!

Take good care,