Old 09-12-04, 10:32 AM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oaxacarider
nice job! 1500 is a lot of miles, what kind of bike do you ride and where do you ride it? why not get more miles when it gets dark early by getting a lighting system on your rig?
Thank you. I ride a Vision R40 recumbent. I've thought about getting a lighting system for riding after dark & do have a head light that is enough for traffic to at least see me & the street lights would probably be enough for me to ride at night but it is still a little risky, IMO to ride at night.

Plus it is not just a matter of being 35 degrees or warmer. It is also the wind chill as well. Not just from the blowing wind, but also from the wind created when I ride. At night it is a lot colder then during the day time, during the fall & winter months because of the wind chill.

I know it sounds like I am coming up with piss poor excuses to justify not riding at night, & maybe I am. But I prefere riding during the day. Even in the spring & summer I only ride during daylight hours, despite the warmer temps. I live & ride in Sioux City, Iowa. Except when I travel to do an organized ride, like I did this weekend.

My wife & I came to Des Moines on Friday night so I could do a ride called Tour De Rock in Pella, which was yesterday, 9/11/04.