Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
American Flyers and fund raising

I just watched American Flyers, and just like when I saw it before, it is a wonderful movie with great cycling scenes with bikes that have down tube shifters, non-aero brakes and toe clips... and they all seemed to be traditional steel frames.

Have I got a deal for 7 lucky people!

I went to a local discount store today, and bought a copy of American Flyers from among a pile of DVDs on sale... For about $4.

Do you have your own copy? Do you want one?

I bought seven copies, and I will send them at my expense in exchange for your promise to consider donating to my Livestrong Challenge ride... You don't even have to donate, just send me a PM and tell me that you will consider it.

If my supply runs out, I will go see if I can find some more... I didn't dig very deep in the bin.

As I type this, I am letting the movie run in the background again... Here comes Eddie!!!!

So, my offer is a copy of a great cycling movie in exchange for you just thinking about donating to my Livestrong ride.

My hope is two fold. First, that my investment in these videos will lead to at least that amount of money being contributed to my ride. Second, to give people a chance to own the movie that haven't bought it yet. A suggested minimum donation would be $10 (slightly more than my cost), but again, you just have to promise to think about it.

All donations are tax deductible, the gift I will send should not detract from the deductability since I am sending it to you whether you donate or not.

I know there are some of you that will enjoy this movie but haven't seen it, or would like to see it again.

By the way, I have removed all the plastic wrapping and tape to save you the trouble, and allow me to tuck in a note. It includes a two sided DVD, wide screen on one side, and full scren on the other.

Let me know an address in PM, and I should get your copy out within a couple of days.

The link to donate (if you choose to) will be in my signature shortly, if it isn't there already.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Little Darwin; 02-16-08 at 04:06 PM.