View Single Post
Old 02-17-08, 04:53 PM
nashcommguy
nashcommguy

Bikes: Commuters: Fuji Delray road, Fuji Discovery mtb...Touring: Softride Traveler...Road: C-dale SR300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rider.up;
...Either way, it doesn't justify him bumping me with the van, or getting out and grabbing my handle bars to pull me out of his way. It went downhill for him from there, and that is all I will say about that...
These are criminal offenses. Assault and Reckless Endangerment, at least. Depending on what he said maybe 'Terroristic Threats', too. Assault can be either a misdemeanor or a felony at the discretion of the DA. They're ALL of a 'summary' level. File charges. This guy does NOT belong behind the wheel of a school bus. In fact, he's in dire need of 'anger management' classes. You're a grown, fully capable adult who handled a very stressful situation w/aplomb. The post about cycle-commuting being more akin to an 'extreme sport' is right on. I've been doing it for over 20 years and have dealt w/50+ of situations small and large. Don't let this one bad experience sour you on what is a great thing for one's life.