Old 02-21-08, 09:00 AM
Allen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by HelluvaStella
Thank you all for the lively and level-headed responses. I own the bike, I built it up from an old Stella frame, and I took the picture. I posted the pictures on Velospace, Fixed Gear Gallery and Myspace. I was never notified by Brooks of their intentions nor was I asked permission. A friend sent me a link when he saw the site with my bike's picture yesterday. To say that I was flattered would be an understatement. That being said, if someone from Brooks contacted me for permission or offered some small sponsorship-type compensation (perhaps a pair of heavy duty saddles for my tandem) that would be fine with me! I sent them an email yesterday, we'll see if I hear back.
I'm a photographer by trade. I'd be flattered if they used my image, but without permission--not so much.
If you took that photo, Brooks owes you money. And you have the upper hand in the negotiations, even if they take it down, Brooks owes you money. A handful of free saddles, and a few jerseys sounds like proper compensation, and still cheeper than an hour of their lawyer's time.