Old 02-21-08, 08:13 PM
dobber
Perineal Pressurized

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by redmist
i'm actually building a traditional road bike with drops, so i'm just trying to get the bars at a 4cm drop from the seat, and it's requiring 6cm of spacers to get the job done. the frame is a bit smallish in the seat tube as it's a 49 and i usually require a 51-53 ctc.

so the consensus is that the frame is small (i knew that) and that the extra length of the steerer tube over the headtube applies too much pressure on the headset bearings as the extra length of the steerer tube applies more torque than a shorter, more properly sized tube?

or, in your opinion dobber, 6 cm of spacers is not too bad after all- just might look dorky for a 'sporting" road bike.

See guys, we asked the OP a relavent question and got some good information. Sounds like the frames on the small side. Other than spacers or a new frame, how would we fix it?

What kind of stem are you planning on using? As I posted before, you might want to consider something with more rise

You're essentially trading steer length for stem rise. A little geometry will give you the answer.
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.