View Single Post
Old 02-21-08, 09:04 PM
skinny

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wordbiker
especially if it is all about making a frame that doesn't fit comfortable enough to bear instead of just getting the correct frame and not needing any of it. If I did have to use them, I'd always rather err on the side of strength over cost savings. Teeth are expensive to fix.
This is in fact the crux of the issue.

Back in the day, when one of the local yokels from down in der hollar brought der bike to the shade tree mechanic and said dey was unhappy wid the bike cuz dey was gettin' a cricket in der neck from bein' all bent over, we says to them, " Listen here bro yokel, yuz needs to buy a bigger bike sos yuz doan has to bend ova so fah and den yuz woan get no cricket in yuz neck." Couse, bein that dey waz poe, which waz wa dey waz comin to the shade tree mechanic to begin wif, dey would say, hey, yuz think i can juz jump up an buy me a new bike evry time i get a cricket in my neck?" Sos we would set them up wif dis weird, extra long stem that would get them more upright, but was really only a bandade on the problem, not a real solution.

of course the real solution is to buy the correct size frame.