Old 02-21-08, 10:14 PM
Buckshot77

Bikes: Trek T900, GT Outpost

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wish me luck (1st century of the year on 2/23)

I'm headed out for the first century of the year Saturday. Should be interesting. I did a couple last year on the road bike, but this one is a bit different. We're doing it on gravel and I'll be on a hardtail mountain bike. Luckily we're planning for an all day ride (10 hours) so speed isn't any concern and we should have 5-10 people total for the ride. I'm sure the biggest challenge will be the icy roads, snow drifts, and overall cold temps (high of 30 for the day).

Overall, I'm really looking forward to it as I've been riding some off road and other short rides on the mountain bike this winter. I should be good to go on cothing choices as I've been out for 2-3 hours at a shot, but it will be interesting to see how they do all day. I'm planning to ride with a backpack to carry some clothing options/changes and some spare water and food. I've got a decent backpack that has a chest and waist strap, but it'll be my first time wearing it on a long ride. Anyone have any specific recommendations that I should check into before Saturday? (ya I know it's last minute)

Rick