BikerHiker
Roadie

Bikes: '07 Giant TCR Advanced 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Weekend ride report:
Yesterday was just raw outside so I decided to spend an hour on the trainer with Coach Troy. So, today I was anxious to get outside and ride for a while. Within 15 minutes I was cursing the wind and cold. I'm so sick of the winter!!! For some reason I kept going. I had no route planned other than I wanted to do at least 32 miles to hit my mileage goal for February.
I saw another rider and caught up to him. He was on a steel Cannondale that looked like it was set up for touring or commuting. I asked him how long he had been out and he said, "I left Bethesda this morning at 7:30." At this point (11:30) we were in Northern Carroll County. His name was Tom and he was with the DC Randoneurs and was heading to Littlestown, PA and back to Bethesda. 125 miles total. Wow. I was totally impressed. We talked a lot about the Randoneurs and road together for 5 or 6 miles before I had to turn off. The story of his trip made my day and gave me a much needed boost to finish my ride, which ended up being 45 miles (I got a little lost).
Meeting other fellow cyclists and learning about what they do is definitely one of the things I like so much about this sport.
BH