View Single Post
Old 04-10-02, 03:55 AM
jmlee
serial mender

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ahhh the stories I could tell.... My knee has just finished healing from my last (and only real) run-in with pedestrians on a multi-use path.

The ironic thing about this incident is that they were coming toward me. They were filling the path. As they saw me coming, the ones on the left moved right, the ones on the right moved left. I hit the brakes, and in the confusion of trying to find a line through them, I over-steered and down I went (at only about 5 Kmph). I didn't really get mad until they started yelling at me. Na ja.

I have never lived in a country where the motorists were more considerate or more intelligent in sharing the road with bikes than here in Germany. But, there seems to be a general tendency to turn off all common sense as soon as one becomes a pedestrian on a multi-use path.

I am interested in how many non-U.S.A. posts have appeared in this discussion. I think it goes to show that the U.S.A. is still seriously lacks these kinds of paths. Despite the minor incidents, they are wonderful for all.