LordFoo
Grad Student for Hire

Bikes: 2006 Lemond Tourmalet; 198(?) Gardin mid-fixie conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flimflam
Recorded my ride home too tonight, not too bad but not awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHP47OxsEDk

Anyone done any serious pack/peleton riding? How would I learn to get comfortable riding in a peleton/pack (obviously riding in one helps, but tips/whatever) - I still have somewhat of an issue drafting someone, I'm just not comfortable with it - is that because it's on the street vs. closed course and a mental thing? *shrug*
As you said, practice makes perfect.. a good place to learn is to go for a nice/easy club ride. It's definitely easier to do when there's a whole bunch of people in the paceline & when it's quiet enough that you don't have to worry about traffic (i.e. Sunday morning rides). If you ask this question in the road cycling forum you'll get all kinds of annoying responses, but etiquette comes down to being predictable -- holding your line / no sudden moves or braking. Having a geared bike (*gasp*) might help to keep your spin constant while in the pack, and most frown on bullhorns/aero bars/anything pointy facing forward.