Old 02-26-08, 07:51 AM
climbhoser

Bikes: SS Surly Crosscheck; '91 Cannondale 3.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by macteacher
Well... I just purchased my FIRST BROOKS SADDLE TODAY, and SO FAR...I LOVE IT. I haven't coated it yet or protected it...I just rode it.. I had a 10 minute ride to the subway and I extended that to about 30 minutes as I was enjoying the ride so much. My only complaint, is that i'm sliding forward quit a bit...but I just kept adjusting my position.

Thanks for all the advice!!!

** Edit ** Forgot to mention, it's a B-17
You have to tilt higher than you think, too. so, keep going and going until you get it.

The slip will supposedly disappear, but mine's still new enough that it hasn't. I use Obenauf's (I bought mine second hand anyways) and right after an application the saddle is much stickier. It's nice for a day or two and I can see how good this is going to get.

Everyday I feel like I find out more about the saddle and my bum and find an even sweeter sweet spot. It's funny, the B17 isn't as comfy in the first 5-10 minutes as my WTB SST 98, but for any length of time at all it is WAY better. It's like I have to break my butt in on every right. Where every other saddle starts really bugging the areas of pressure the B17 does not.