Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 02-26-08, 10:19 AM
Flimflam
Raving looney

Bikes: 70s Leader Precision w/Shimano 600 (road), IRO Rob Roy (Fixed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
if you're talking about drafting someone on the street vis-a-vis on your commute around the city i'd say never do it, that is, never draft someone who doesn't know you're back there. as for learning just find yourself a friendly pack who can show you the ropes. i think i learned on some early season randonneur rides when the weather was awful...
Nah I never draft anyone I don't know - it's only ever with my buddy, and I usually end up pulling most of the time as I just don't like following him on the streets (he rides too erratically for me to feel safe 1' off his wheel).

I'm thinking of doing some randonneur rides this year, good idea. I want to ride the donut, but fear the roadie pace and want to improve/learn to ride in a group at speed better anyway.

Thanks for the tips, that URL was great reading LordFoo - I did take a look in the roadie forum but a lot of their FAQ thread lists start with "Learn to use the search feature" type responses, heh - I got down to the info on there too though, not quite as bad as I thought and perhaps still better than BFSSFG attitude-wise