View Single Post
Old 02-28-08, 10:29 PM
carlton

Bikes: canondale silk trail--92 schwinn criss cross--sun atlas x type--fugi odessa--2018 trek domane ALR5 disc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markhr
Sorry I don't know those bars you refer to on the SJS site. Do you have a picture saved?

Please explain why you feel the cable routing would be a problem? The brake cable on the same side as the twist shifter could be routed in almost any direction surely?
I only had the webpage saved. I guess sjs quit selling them. I had no luck finding them elsewhere. All the info was in good ole english so it was easy for us none multilanguage speakers to understand.
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/unknown.asp?pf_id=11348 The bars were mtb diameter, split in the middle, and a twist or rapidfire shifter would slip right on. They were expensive. About $100 usd, plus shipping across the pond.

If the shifter was mounted up on top it would be pretty close to where your bartape wrap stopped. If the brake cable was routed under the tape it would have to make a sharp bend around and over the shifter. When you grasped the twist shifter, I think you would be grabbing the brake cable also. If the bars were grooved the brake cable might be able to be routed under the shifter and be out of the way. The bars on sjs were not grooved.

I'll look a bit more at the links you provided and see if I can google translate them enough So I can understand them.