Old 02-29-08, 11:05 AM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Ti Fly that's coming is pretty much everything I'm looking for. OK, maybe the SID has it's problems, but the new one is meant to be better (although I'm assuming we're getting last year's model?).

There are a couple things I'm going to change. As Low Cel suggested, X.0 shifter (twist for me) and derailleurs. I like the shifters better than the Shimano Triggers and if you get those shifters, then you have to get the rear derailleur. I might leave the XTR front intially. The second is that I'm going to stick a little more tire under it. I appreciate that you chose a very light tire (385g!) that helps make the bike super light. But that's worth more in marketing that it is on the trail. If I ride on super skinny tires where I am, then it's 'hello ground' way more often that I'm prepared for. So I'll end up sticking different tires on the bike as well.

That's really about it.
Incidently, I don't know where the links to the Ti Fly are anymore (they seem to have vanished). How big of a tire can I stick in that fork/frame?

As far as the 26/29 thing goes, I'm fine with 26. How many people actually race 29's? I don't think it is very many if any.