Old 03-02-08, 08:56 PM
ryansexton
ALL PARTY

Bikes: Douglas Touring Cross Wise, Urbanite Fixed Gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. What influenced you to ride fixed (friend, professionals, seeing others, messengers)? I heard about fixed gear and thought it was really stupid. Eventually I started riding around a lot, and found I spent too much time coasting, also, I couldn't afford a good geared road bike, because they are all 1000s of dollars new, or at least in the stores I checked. So I decided to try the fixed gear thing. I hopped on and liked it alot, the simplicity of it really attracted me, because I don't know how to do any bike repairs myself.
2. Is your bike (or was your first bike) a conversion? Nope. I suck at bike repairs, I bought an Urbanite for about 800 at Urbane in Toronto.
3. Where do you live (city and state for US, city and provence/country for outside of the US)? Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
4. If you live in a small city or suburb, how/why did you decide to ride fixed? I don't know if my city is considered 'small', but I don't see why fixed is limited to urban cities. One gear works in lots of places.