View Single Post
Old 04-10-02, 10:24 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
What not to like about motorists? Today, I experienced a really unusual event. At a Shell Gas station in Temecula, a woman was filling up her large pick up truck. Do not these large Ford 250 Ranger trucks have like 40 gallon gasoline tanks? She was combiing her hair and looked like putting on makeup.
She was filling her large tanks from the nozzle as slow a rate as possible. There are two island. They have great prices and cars were coming in like crazy for gas. I swear it took her at least 15 minutes to fill her tank.
A store manager and other waiting customers started quizzing her as to what was taking so long. She became adamant and would not speed up. A station employee started holding other spots in the gas island for customers who got in line earlier. A customer who got in line started taking cuts in line from others- who had been there longer. A Verbal fight started elsewhere.. It was a sea of argueing customers.
She finally finished. Meanwhile, I had moved in front of her becasue another fueling auto appeared to be finished. That auto took awhile. I pinned her in. I did not want another to cut me off from fueling my auto in my turn. She started reeving her engine and I thought she would ram me.
I wish I had a video camera. Swear to god this happened. You should hear how childish the motoring primate behave inside and outside of their vehicles. Can't repeat their words. Sorry.
It was a really nice day. I suspect she was just taking in the day.