View Single Post
Old 03-05-08, 06:48 AM
Waldo
Zippy Engineer

Bikes: Bianchi 928, Bianchi Pista Concept 2004, Surly Steamroller, 1998 Schwinn Factory Team Homegrown, 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory, 2000 Schwinn Panther, Niner EMD9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cslone
So, I should bash sponsorship stuff? Hmmm. I don't think it's any secrect that I ride pretty much all HED wheels. I stay out of 95% of the Zipp brainwashing threads. I posted this because I thought it was funny and wanted to get a stir out of a few people. At least that part worked.

So you're telling me that Cervelo is only choosing to run HED wheels because they are cheaper? It appears to me that the 08 models are still sporting Zipps. When did or when will the OEM change?

And I've yet to see a side by side comparison of the Stinger 90 vs 808 vs H3. Can you point me to that? I have searched far and wide and the only thing I've ever seen is Josh say the Zipps are faster and Hed say the Stinger is faster.
No, I was commending you on your promotion of your chosen brand. I wish some of our sponsored riders were as dedicated as you. I mean this in all seriousness and apologize if it came across as glib.

In any event, the data for Stinger 90 vs. 808 vs. H3 was on BTR last I checked and I assumed people would prefer that source to our data. I'll have time to address all the other questions raised after work. EDIT: Some of the questions with regard to tire size and selection, our info on 808 vs. H3, etc. can be found here:
http://www.zipp.com/Technology/Aerod...3/Default.aspx